Benefits and Compensation
Desert Regional Medical Center provides residents with benefits and compensation that are competitive in today’s market. General benefits offered include, but are not limited to the following:
- Medical – eligible to participate in Employer’s group health insurance program on the first day of the month following the first month of employment.
- Dental – eligible to participate in Employer’s group dental insurance program on the first day of the month following the first month of employment.
- Vision – eligible to participate in Employer’s group vision insurance program on the first day of the month following the first month of employment.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Spending Accounts or Health Reimbursement Accounts.
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance – eligible to participate.
- Hyatt Legal
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tenet Personal Health Team and Employee Assistance Program
- Access to an on-site research library, a collection of online databases and full text journals, and research support by a staff librarian
- Vacation – 20 days per academic year
Note: All benefits and compensations are subject to change
Additional benefits offered only with the approval of the Program Director and Director of Medical Education:
- Allowance for books and other self-education materials (including directly related and pre-approved verifiable expense for authorized continuing education program(s).
- One-time stipend that can be applied to a smart phone, palm pilot or smart phone applications as a PGY-1
- Allowance to attend national and/or state conferences representing the hospital and residency program.
- One-time Reimbursement for registration fee to take COMLEX 3
- Reimbursement for State of California Medical License
- Reimbursement for Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) License.
Summary of Benefit Plans
- Request a copy of our Benefits Guide 2018
Resident Stipends for 2017-2018 (subject to approval by Tenet)