Medical Student Elective Programs Overview
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in rotating with Desert Regional Medical Center (DRMC). Elective clerkships are a fundamental and valuable part of your medical education. Each year, Desert Regional Medical Center provides essential, hands-on clinical experiences and the opportunity to explore residency training at our institution. Contact the Program Coordinator listed below to obtain additional information and/or a Medical Student Rotation Application.
Fourth year elective rotations are currently being offered in the following departments:
- Emergency Medicine (Accepts Third and Fourth Year Rotations)
- Third year applications for rotations are accepted January 1 of each academic year
- Fourth year applications for rotations are accepted on March 1 of each academic year
- Internal Medicine
We look forward to providing you with a great learning experience!
– DRMC’s Office of Graduate Medical Education
Application Procedure and Requirements:
Applications for rotations are accepted on April 1 of each academic year. (e.g. 2018-2019 applications accepted on April 1, 2018)
To rotate with DRMC, your school must have an affiliation agreement on file. Contact the Program Coordinator to see if your school has a current Affiliation Agreement.
Required Application Documents:
Ensure the application and all documents are submitted, incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Completed Medical Student Rotation Application
- Copy of COMLEX-1 score report
- Copy of current BLS (required) and ACLS (optional) cards
- Copy of current photo ID (i.e. Driver’s license)
- Copy of recent background check
- Curriculum Vitae
- ERAS-style photograph
- One-page or less written statement indicating why you want to rotate with DRMC’s program
- Unofficial Medical School Transcripts
Once accepted for a rotation, your Program Coordinator will send you an Onboarding Packet. Submit the following as early as possible, and at least 2-weeks prior to your start date.
- Completed Onboarding Packet
- Health Screening Form, completed by school representative or health professional (Due 1 week prior to start of rotation)
- Signed HR Personnel Packet and Computer Access Documents
Housing and meals are the responsibility of the student and are not offered as part of this program.
Email your completed packet and any questions to the coordinator of the program you are applying for: